In the last 110 days, in addition to recruiting four new chamber members, securing five street concert sponsors and working with the Illinois Chamber of Commerce to provide re-opening guidelines:
- Completely re-designed the Chamber website, featuring chamber members, COVID-19 resources, and helpful regional information for visitors and new residents. This is paramount because it will attract new visitors, residents and tourists.
- Carefully designed the new 2020 Chamber Visitor’s Guide complete with Member Directory. The importance of our directory is that it provides an informational guide to visitors and new residents. It contains all Chamber members organized alphabetically and categorically.
- Increased Social Media Engagement. Our Facebook page followers are up 225% over last year, we are reaching 13,000 people currently, with over 5,000 new page likes in the first week of May alone according to Facebook’s algorithms. How does this help your business? When people engage, like and share the Chamber’s page posts, it exposes your business to additional potential clients and customers. In this case, over 13,000 people.
- Organizing a live stream concert with The Chicago Experience (cancelled June street concert band) that would raise money for our local businesses. There will also be a virtual tip jar that people from all over the country can contribute to. We will be able to reach beyond Princeton to help Princeton.
- Featuring our members daily to re-introduce them to our community members, followers and visitors alike.