Scavenger Hunt: September 12-19, 2020
With many summer activities being restricted this year due to COVID-19, the Princeton Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors are hosting a fun, safe, and local community event.
Participants will have one week to navigate through the 35 clues directing you to local businesses. This is a family friendly summer activity to be enjoyed by both adults and children.
- Cost: $25 per team (non-refundable). Proceeds benefitting the Building Improvement Grant program.
- Must have at least 1 adult over 18 on the team.
- Maximum of 8 people per team. Exception will be made if family size larger than 8.
- Pre-registration is encouraged prior to the event. Walk-up teams, day of event, are welcome.
- You will be required to submit one team photo by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Costumes are encouraged, but not required.
- Prize for best team costume will be awarded.
- Team names are encouraged. Be creative and compliment your team name with your team costume!
- Social distancing needs to be practiced.
Clue kits will be available for pickup from 9am-12pm on Saturday, September 12th at the Prouty Building, 435 S Main in Princeton IL.
To solve the clue, you must first decipher it. Then drive to that business and look for a sign displayed in their window/door that has the Chamber logo along with a picture or phrase. You must describe that picture on your clue answer sheet.
Note: There are two out of town businesses that have been flagged on your answer sheet. You can find your answer on their website.
You have 1 week to accomplish this. We want this to be a fun, non-stressful event.
Your completed clue answer sheet can be mailed to the chamber office at 435 S Main St, Princeton IL OR dropped off at the chamber office lobby drop box BY NOON on Saturday, September 19th. Chamber hours are Monday through Friday 8:30-4.
Teams that have correctly answered all the clues will be placed in the drawing for prizes. Winners will be announced on Monday, September 21st.
Have questions? Call or text Joanne at (815) 719-2188.
Download a registration form below.
You can also pick-up a registration form the chamber office (815) 875-2616 or completing the form published in the BCR.
If possible, please pre-register by September 7, 2020.