The Princeton Area Chamber of Commerce Announces a Recruitment for a New
The mission of the Princeton Area Chamber of Commerce is to proudly promote the viability, continued growth and quality of life in the Princeton area through economic development, historic preservation and tourism.
The Princeton Chamber of Commerce Board is pleased to announce the recruitment and selection process for the Executive Director of its organization.
Interested candidates should submit a confidential cover letter, resume and contact information for three to five work-related references to the Search Committee at email@example.com , or by mail to:
c/o Michael Smith
Princeton Area Chamber of Commerce
435 S. Main St.
Princeton, IL 61356
The Chamber is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION: Executive Director, Princeton Area Chamber of Commerce
SUPERVISOR: Under the direct supervision of the Princeton Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Membership Retention and Growth
- Communicate with existing and new businesses to retain and increase membership, hear their concerns, and encourage active participation in Chamber activities and programs.
- Set goals with the Board of Directors for acquiring new members and provide a monthly report to the Board on the status of those activities.
- Develop new member benefits.
- Develop and maintain relations with major employers/members.
- Recommend necessary changes in the membership dues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Chamber members to identify their concerns and community needs.
- Work closely with Chamber advocacy groups and committees representing business needs with all levels of public policy makers and officials.
Community Liaison, Public Relations and Outreach
- Develop and maintain relationships within the community, including appropriate governmental staff and departments, as well as other community leaders.
- Serve as the Chamber representative to local organizations contributing to their mission by serving as the voice of business.
- Attend professional conferences, seminars, and other agency meetings as directed and approved by the Chamber Board or Executive Committee.
- Maintain contact with media representatives to provide visibility of the Chamber activities to the public reflecting the attitudes and interest of business.
- Act as official spokesperson and represent the Chamber in meetings of local and state organizations.
- Direct, prepare, and disseminate all communications to the membership and the general public.
- Make public addresses or secure other appropriate speakers concerning the Chamber and community activities and issues.
- Seek to develop strong working relationships with surrounding Chamber entities.
- Stay apprised of governmental initiatives affecting Chamber members and initiatives.
- Network with local and related trade associations that may affect or enrich member interests.
- Prepare monthly agendas for Board meetings.
- Prepare and present monthly reports and financial statements for the Board of Directors.
- Prepare an annual operating budget with input from the budget committee covering all activities in the Chamber, subject to the approval by the Board of Directors.
- Bring all policy changes and government issues to the Board’s attention for their approval and direction.
- Serve as chief advisor to the Board of Directors. Advice, guidance, and assistance shall be provided to the Board of Directors in the selection of board members, officers, committee chairperson and committee members.
Administration and Finance
- Supervise all staff administrative functions.
- Empower and support staff, providing direction.
- Evaluate staff performance on an annual basis to assure satisfactory staff functions and accomplishment of Chamber’s objectives.
- Responsible for the safeguarding of all funds received and for their proper disbursement within budget allocations.
- Evaluate the financial needs by program, administration, and operations for the fiscal year and long-range.
- Conduct the official correspondence of the Chamber and maintain records of the same.
- Meet all necessary legal and financial reporting requirements.
- Approve and sign checks on all approved budget expenditures.
- Direct office maintenance including replacement of equipment and purchase of additional equipment.
- Preserve all legal and historical documents relating to the Chamber’s activities, programs, property and positions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Committees & Sub-Chamber Organizations
- Assist committee Chairs in the orderly arrangement of meetings, including preparation of agendas and the dissemination of materials.
- Maintain contact with all committees and be aware of the status of all Chamber projects in relation to the original objective, the current position, and the work yet to be done.
- Oversee Ambassadors, Business Leads Team and any other future Chamber sub-organizations.
- Collaborate with the city manager regarding all aspects of tourism including budget requests.
- Act as a liaison between the city and state agencies charged with tourism activities, other units of local government, the Starved Rock Heritage Corridor and Visitors Bureau, and other tourism-related public and private entities.
- Develop and maintain a current database of tourism assets.
- Develop and recommend short and long-range plans, policies, procedures, programs and projects related to tourism.
- Develop response material for requests for tourism information.
- Maintain relevant pages for the Princeton Chamber website.
- Manage the City’s Tourism Grant Program.
- Plan, develop, prepare, implement, and evaluate advertising campaigns and advertising materials for the City’s tourism program.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and perform activities relating to all aspects of the City’s tourism program.
- Prepare, administer and report on annual budget for the City’s tourism program on a regular basis.
- Prepare, submit, and administer grant applications related to tourism.
- Receive and respond to requests for tourism information.
Previous managerial experience strongly preferred. College degree or equivalent experience in business, marketing or tourism is preferred. Applicants must possess strong leadership skills, independence, take initiative with minimal supervision, and thrive in a flexible work environment. Excellent oral, written, and social media communication skills are an absolute necessity.